What Causes It?
How to Prevent It?
How Rapid Rescue’s Mobile Service Helps You Avoid Full Blown Cracks.
Windscreen Chip Repair
Before & After Rapid Rescue
Why do Windscreens Chip and Crack?
- Rocks, stones, gravel and debris.
- Temperature change.
- Direct sunlight.
- Structural weakness.
How Serious is a Chipped Windscreen?
A clear and undamaged windscreen is vital for good vision when driving.
How do I Prevent Windscreen Chips?
- Check windscreen wipers regularly to make sure they’re operating properly and remove dirt and debris build up.
- Replace windscreen wipers regularly.
- Drive carefully on road with poor surfaces and roads under repair to avoid stones and gravel hitting the windscreen.
- Drive at a sensible distance from the vehicle in front especially if it’s carrying stones, gravel, etc.
- Inspect your windscreen regularly for any chip damage.
How do I Stop a Chip in my Windscreen from Spreading?
Don’t ignore it. Get it fixed asap.
It is cheaper than having to replace the whole windscreen.
Is it illegal to have a chipped windscreen?
Yes, it is.